Business for YOU


a room with a viewhe travels
200 days per year
and takes a photo out
of each hotel room he is in.gerry beckley
is from the group America
he collects vintage tennis shoes
and is one of the nicest people
I've met through this blog.

a few things
he shared with me

1. photos.
the pictures started as a way to stay in touch
with friends & family. here's where I am today
& this is what it looks like out my window.2. home is fluid.
both my band partner dewey and I
grew up in service families (air force)
as i child I moved every couple of years
... to me, home is a feeling, not a place...

i have found home
in the most surprising of places,
telling me that it's inside of me,
more than anywhere else.3. collecting tennis shoes.
I spent most of my youth in england.
I played tennis from a very early age into my teens.
we wore very simple canvas plimsoles
or at most dunlop volleys.

that's how it all got started.
I lived in those shoes.

I'm even wearing them
on our first album cover from 1971.

As with all things shoe styles progressed.
it became harder to find these simple old style shoes
so whenever I found a pair I figured I better pick them up
this carried on through my travels, australia... south america
until before I knew it I had far more than I really needed.4. things I carry always.
... a camera(s)

my best,
g