Business for YOU

Is it time for a change?
I've had a lot of things swirling around in my head lately, hence the lack of posts. I finalized the designs for the fall collection and I've started ordering the fabrics and supplies. I've also been trying to scout for a model(I plan on accosting people on the street soon)this would be my first time working with a model(other than my sister)so I'm a little nervous, but I'm excited too! Right now I'm too small to be able to hire a stylist or photographer but I'm okay with that. I enjoy doing my own photography and while I'm not terribly experienced I've always been satisfied with the results of my photo shoots. I would like to eventually be able to hire a team for each collection's photo shoot, but I know right now that's not realistic.

These are just some of the things I've been thinking about. The thing that's been bothering me most lately, is my line's name: Bekväm. When I picked my name I felt good about it and I thought it represented my clothing well. But after doing this for awhile, now, I feel like it's very confusing to people. I'm not from Sweden(I'm actually Puerto Rican, Finnish and Irish) and I don't speak Swedish(even though I wish I could). Because I'm not comfortable with the Swedish language I always feel awkward trying to explain my name when people ask. I've been thinking about changing my name for a long time, but I worry that since Bekväm clothing is already established, it might be difficult(or impossible)to translate my success into a new label. Even with those potential drawbacks I still really want to change my name. I would like the new name to be something I feel more at home with (including one or a combination of my names...Possibly?). I guess I just needed to get these ideas off my chest and start bouncing them around. I feel that posting them is the best way to do it. I would love to hear your guys thoughts. Feel free to comment or shoot me an email at: bekvamclothing@yahoo.com