Business for YOU






You may have noticed that I shut down the shop temporarily. First off, I know, I know! How lame, especially after saying I would keep it open 24/7 this season. Sorry guys, but I was order-whelmed. I worked 18hr days for the past month and then finally had to quit sleeping (okay, that's a lie, I was waking up at 6am and going to bed at 5am the next morning). The lack of sleep was wearing me down but I didn't realize till I wiped out (it was epic trust me) while heading to bed (one of my finer moments) and got an enormous black bruise on my leg. Now every time I see my purple/black leg, I'm reminded: 1. of this movie and 2. that I need to take it easier on myself. I agonized over closing the shop, but when the number of orders in the que got to be such that the wait times were going to get ridiculous(6-7 weeks)for any additional orders, I finally decided it was time to simmer the shop down. I really like to take my time on each order, I enjoy the process of making clothing by hand, and when I'm a sleep deprived zombie that process is lost. Anyways, the shop will stay closed until I catch up on orders (probably may 10th-ish). In the meantime, I'll try to start up the midweek photo posts again, to keep everyone up to date on workday doings and whatnot.

-
-




I've been getting in new fabrics, yarns and notions just about every day (so exciting)! Most are for FW2012 (that time already?), but some are for variations on the dresses in the current SS collection. Once I get caught up on orders, I'm hoping to have enough time to make samples and take shop photos of the new styles! Or I might end up taking a 2 day nap. We'll see! Stay tuned!


-
-


By the by, I just started on Twitter, and am totally addicted. It's so easy to tweet updates throughout the day from my phone, way better than interrrupting my workday to trek to the computer. You can follow me here (if you feel so inclined). I tweet about the general goings on with Hetterson and also my everyday life (such as when I end up running to the PO in sweatpants without a bra...that only happened once...really)