Business for YOU

My weekend was.....


....AWESOME! Sunday(my birthday)I went jean shopping in Portland with my Mom and sister. I usually avoid jean shopping because I have a really difficult body type to fit: freakishly tiny waist(26in.)with wide hips and a rather large(ahem)bum.....As I'm frequently reminded it's not my bum it's my Abuela's bum(thanks Abuela). Either way I'm stuck with it..


I went shopping all over...And after trying on about fifty pairs(I'm not kidding), I decided on the Matchstick jean at J-crew. They were the overall favorite(even Mom liked them). I tried on lots of high end jeans: J-brands, Rock and Republic, Seven for all mankind's......And except for the J brands, none of them fit as well as the J-crew jeans. I made a note of the size I took in J brands, and I can always buy them online later. So, The shopping trip was a success! I can't remember the last time I had a pair of jeans I liked(I'm actually wearing them right now).


And....


I got to wear my birthday dress! I decided to make a matching silk strap to wear as a belt with it(the night before). I loved wearing it! It kept me feeling pretty and cool the whole shopping trip...Definitely my new favorite dress. The best part is, I can keep wearing it while it's hot, and when Fall hits I can wear it layered over long-sleeved tees and tights. Hurrah for functionality!