Business for YOU

organic cotton
This is a Japanese organic cotton + linen gauze. I picked it as the replacement for the cream voile fabric (which I could no longer get from my supplier) used in the Sunday, Plissé, and Feé dresses.
I think I might just like this fabric better than the original, I suspect it's the linen, I'm a linen freak. It's super light, soft and drapey. It comes in a natural cream color, and while it looks like a solid, if you get really close you'll see that the linen blends with the cotton to create a super subtle heather effect. Neat.
----------------------------------------------

The Plissé, and Feé dresses in the cream colorway organic cotton + linen blend will be available (made-to-order) in the shop within the next couple weeks. I just need to finish ironing/washing all the fabric. The Blush colorway will be in a little later. No E.T.A on the Sunday dress, as I'm having trouble getting any more entredeux insets from my supplier.

----------------------------------------------

On a rather fun note, I played around with painting a few yards of this fabric a bit ago (photos soon). I had all these grand plans of painting flowers...but the painting part totally kicked my ass. The fabric ended up looking more like confetti blew up on it, which I ended up liking. Go figure. I think I'm going to make myself a birthday dress out of it, since I'm hoping to actually take the day off and dress up/celebrate my birthday this year. Last year I ended up having to work and didn't celebrate at all, so this time around I figure I have to celebrate enough for two birthdays...right, right? Makes perfect sense, I know.